Table Rock Lake

gpfishingdude

Chief Petty Officer
We are staying at Table Rock for 10 days. We didn't get out until 10:30 am Thursday and we didn't run into fish until right at noon when we eased around a point into standing timber. The bass were chasing bait to the top and skittering across the top after then. My son caught the first and the biggest on his first cast with a green beetle spin. Then I cast into them with a Pop R and caught a smaller one and then they scattered as fast as they came up. The son kept casting beetle spins and started fishing with a jig and minnow. He caught a couple more in the next couple of hours and I caught a couple on wiggle warts in a shad and ghost colors. We nearly got skunked Friday after fishing hard. Then Yesterday we got out late in the morning again and Brian caught three real quick on a white beetle spin and a couple on the jig and minnow. I managed to catch one on a jig and minnow and lost a couple on lures when they threw the hooks at the boat. A little while after we were off the water for the mid day it started raining hard. Brian went home and I got caught up on some sleep. My wife and I made the 60 mile trip down to Rogers Ar. to get a shear pin kit for the trolling motor and while we were there I picked up some more beetle spins and a couple of small safety pin bass spinners. We are still learning what will catch fish the quickest and then maybe we will find out how to catch some big ones too.