Daiwa Customer Service

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a Daiwa megaforce 100tsh reel with the twitching bar. I bought it back in december. I have paired it with a berkley lightning rod as my bass setup. I have only used it a dozen times since i bought it. The twitching bar broke on it (common problem) and I am getting ready to send the reel in to have it warranty repaired.

The reel is junk, I don't like it. All the internal gears are plastic, and it does not cast near as well as the Abu Garcia I have used on my salmon rod.

I am wondering if anyone has worked with Daiwa customer service before? Is it worth the hassle to get it repaired, or will they just give me the run-a-round? It is all still under warranty, so it would be free (minus the shipping down there.)

Just curious on people experience with Daiwa and there customer service. This has been my first Daiwa reel.

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: Daiwa Customer Service

I have sent a few spinning reels to them. Including some that were not still in warrantee. Outside of one drag/spool issue, all was covered by them. I am very happy with their service.

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have sent a few spinning reels to them. Including some that were not still in warrantee. Outside of one drag/spool issue, all was covered by them. I am very happy with their service.

Good to know. Thank you.

JCH57

Cadet

I haven't sent any reels to them for repair, but have bought parts from them. Never had a problem with them, they have always been friendly, and very helpful.