Rod Holder

mphy98

Lieutenant
Cabelas has a quick stow rod storage system. Has anyone used this and can you keep them in there while underway at 40mph? I would like to get one of these that hold 6 rods and mount it over the engine cover, so they do not tangle and bounce around while underway. thanks bob

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
Re: Rod Holder

My suggestion would be to use a pair of the rod "seat belts" that lash the rods to the deck like the bass guys use. I lost a rod last year out of a rod holder and I am not too keen on using stuff that doesn't "rope" or bungee down anymore.

Locker, or straps: My two cents.

MRS

Commander

Cabelas has a quick stow rod storage system. Has anyone used this and can you keep them in there while underway at 40mph? I would like to get one of these that hold 6 rods and mount it over the engine cover, so they do not tangle and bounce around while underway. thanks bob

I do have the white pvs 6 rod holder mounted to my motor cover and have run in some rough water. Have not lost or had a rod come out of holder also on the way to the local lakes about 25 miles away I put the rods in the rod holder and they have yet to come out. I am real happy with them no problems......

basstracker219

Petty Officer 2nd Class

we made a storage place for our rods under the ski storage. works great.