• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

best striper lures

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best striper lures

well fellows and ladies need to update my lures in the tackle box I need your input on the best stripper lures in use today.don't want advertisement I want tried and true opinions

Re: best striper lures

Bubbakat, I take it you are fishin them in a lake. What we do is wait till evening when they go on the feed and chase the bait fish to the top, you can see the little buggers runnin for there lives. The Striper's run in schools and will hang for a while in one spot. We cast those shallow running jointed rapallas in gold and white and fire tiger, also just a good old stick bait like a spook works well too. Some times you will get two or three right in a row, sometimes all you get is frustrated! During the day trolling a deep running crankbait through schools of shad works sometimes. Good luck and keep em tight.

Comment

Usually use live trout for strippers here, but if lookiing at lures, a white 3/4 oz bucktail jig with a 5 inch snatrix trailer, or a big rat-l-trap in silver/black or blue/black.The jig works great with the schoolers also - gets below the smaller ones that are beating the surface and down to the big ole smart ones that are waiting for the fish parts to fall past their noses!
      Rules of Repair:
      1. If it ain't broke, give me a hammer, it will be!
      2. You only need 2 tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move, and it should, use WD-40. If it moves, and it shouldn't, use Duct Tape!
      3. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Comment

i've used live trout with great success, but is'nt it illegal? i was at a lake one day, years ago! they had stocked trout that day. i noticed big stripers comming in close to shore chasing the trout. so thats where i got the idea to try live trout. these days, if i go for stripers, i try to find something that looks like a trout.

Comment

Here on Cape Cod, I use Striper Strike poppers, Hopkins lure, Deadly **** (blue) and something called a Beach Bomber (basically a black swimmer with a ball bearing inside that clicks as it swims). Dark lures at night, silver (Hopkins, Deadly ****) during the day.Live bait? People here use eels.

Comment

Interesting. The second word of the Deadly lure is d i c k.

Comment

Bubba, its been awhile since I fished for stripers but I always used a Bass Buster and had great luck. One day I even wore it to the hospital hanging from my nostril.

Comment

LOL i got a nice visual of that!

Comment

the best lure for 'strippers' ( thats what you typed.)is gotta be neat an personable appearance ,,a little after shave , fresh breath, an the number one lure for strippers OF ALL TIME is ::::A FAT WALLET...

Comment

Comment

thanks guys and gals for the input and esp. crab bait for the heads up will use spell check next time

Comment

In PA it is legal to use trout if you buy them or they are legal size. If you buy them, keep the receipt.
                        Rules of Repair:
                        1. If it ain't broke, give me a hammer, it will be!
                        2. You only need 2 tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move, and it should, use WD-40. If it moves, and it shouldn't, use Duct Tape!
                        3. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Comment

Do you use crab bait to catch strippers???
                          Make sure the plug is in

Comment

not yet but I need to

Comment

bubbakat, see the message board at www.sixoldgeezers.comjtw
                              It's all about the tools.

"If the ocean is glass flat and the sun is shining, you open up the special memory compartment of your brain and start recording the smells, sounds, sights and feelings." -- Philster

"Poets talk about 'spots of time,' but it is really fishermen who experience eternity compressed into a moment. No one can tell what a spot of time is until suddenly the whole world is a fish and the fish is gone. I shall remember that son of a b**** forever." -- N. Maclean

Comment

Working...
                              X