stone cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippie28

Recruit
anyone got any methods for catchin stone cats for bait.their killer bait on the susquehanna river here in PA but to expensive.Thanks

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: stone cats

Got a couple of B&W barn cats, an angoura, and 2 orange tiger cats. You pay the shipping and they are yours. Also have a couple little rabits. They swim quite well, for about an hour.<br /><br />What are stone cats? :) :)

BAINOR

Seaman Apprentice

You mean something like this? :rolleyes: <br />
Ancient%20Stone%20Standing%20Cat.jpeg

hippie28

Recruit

stone cats are a type of catfish that only grow to about 4 inches in length.

gonfishn

Commander

Bainor..your going to fit right in....your not from the hills are you..thats something SB or Bubba would come up with...

BAINOR

Seaman Apprentice

well.......as a matter of fact yes - the Ouachitas

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

So... does that mean you don't want my cats?

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hippie,<br /><br />Catching the cats is usually easiest with two guys.<br />I caught a few tonight.<br /><br />This is how we do it.<br />I got a 2X4 and made a frame about 4 ft wide and 2 ft high then stapeled metal screen over one end and trim the excess from the frame.<br /><br />Put the frame in the water wide side across and downstream a few feet from where your helper is kicking out the rocks and gravel from the bottom of the river.<br /><br />The water flows throught the screen but the cats get caught and can be picked out and put into a bait container.<br /><br />I am also a Susquehanna fisherman and live between Falls and Tunkhannock.<br /><br />Good Luck<br />Kevin

pbailey

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The way bait sellers do it on the Potomac is:<br /><br />Get a couple of lengths of 4-inch pvc pipe. Drill some holes in it so it will sink. Keep the holes to 3/8-inch. <br /><br />Stone cats like to hide and get under things, so they will enter the pipe.<br /><br />They are out and about at night. Find a place that has deep water access and plenty of rocks. Submerge the pipe before dark and retreive in the morning after the sun comes up. The cats will be looking for someplace to hide when the daylight comes. If you don't get any at first, just try a new spot. This method will catch stone cats if their around.<br /><br />pbailey

John_S

Rear Admiral

Opps!!! Didn't mean to add to such an old post. Deleted.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Only a 13 year old + thread.

Please look at the rules about posting in old threads. Forum Help in the sig below takes you to the rules. Thanks.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.