kicker motor mount on i/o

millerpdt

Seaman Apprentice
hey guys. i have a 2003 bayliner capri 18ft with 135 merc cruiser i/0. i know i know it is not a fishing boat but the wife said no!! anyways is there any way to mount a kicker outboard to this setup?? i fished last year with lead core off this boat and slayed em. now i am hooked. but i am dragging 3 five gallon buckets so i can troll. any advice from the experts?? thanks mules

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: kicker motor mount on i/o

Millerpdt<br />Sure you can add a kicker motor to almost any boat. I do not know your boat but check the link below or here on IBoat and search for motor bracket. If you are fishing offshore I think you are a fool to go out without a second motor, or a buddy boat. I would suggest a 9.9 or 15 hp and 4 stroke but 2 stroke works good also. For steering on my boat I use a EZ Steer and it works great. If you have power steering on main motor may want to try something else.<br /><br /> http://www.cabelas.com

RDLibby

Recruit

I have Used an Aux. outboard on the last 3 boats. I LOVE the EZ steer system, I would not do it any other way!!! I also use the Cabelas motor bracket SP-01-1746 stainless steel model, I leave my motor on (9.8 Tahatsu) all the time and do not worry about it falling off. Of course you need to make sure that it is bolted to the boat properly. Some of the others I used I never trusted trailering.. I had the EZ Steer on a 220 hp Mercruiser I/O with power steering and now on a OMC 160 hp with power steering it dose steer a bit stiff but I got used to it. before you buy the EZ steer from Cabelas you might want to make sure of the set up you need as when I went from the mercruiser to the OMC it was not the same brackets or length. I went to the EZ Steer website and they sold me used parts to go with what I had to make the price reasonable. www.ezsteer.com

record hunter

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just mounted a 35 johnson on my 25 sea ray. I fished along time with one motor but after my friend almost lost his boat on the rocks I decided to get one. Make sure you buy one with enough horse power. If you fish rough water you will want it. Also you will probably want a long shaft . The mounting directions are pretty easy Dont mount to far over to the side though .I placed mine as far to center as i could with out ever hitting the I. o. when they are fully turned toward eacr other

MarkARo

Recruit

hey guys. i have a 2003 bayliner capri 18ft with 135 merc cruiser i/0. i know i know it is not a fishing boat but the wife said no!! anyways is there any way to mount a kicker outboard to this setup?? i fished last year with lead core off this boat and slayed em. now i am hooked. but i am dragging 3 five gallon buckets so i can troll. any advice from the experts?? thanks mules

millerpdt......I have done what you are looking to do to my '99 19' Bayliner. Check out motor brackets at www.BoatersWorld.com. I used the Garelick ss unit, stock number 36-648-0531.