Shakespeare Tidewater Spinning Reels

fishmaycraft

Cadet
I was thinking of trying this reel, it is about 1/2 the price of the Shimano Baitrunner, (All I can do to put gas in the boat with the prices right now!). Has anyone ever used this reel, any opinions? I love a good deal, but don't want to waste my money. <br />Here's the link to the reel, (I think, I'm not real good with this computer stuff)<br /><br /> http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=30661&hvarTarget=search

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Shakespeare Tidewater Spinning Reels

I've laid my grubby paws on a few of those Tidewaters... I like them very much, especially since there of all metal construction and for the price I don't think you could go wrong.... :) <br /><br />Graphite reels = BAD.. :( <br />Metal reels = GOOD.. :D

mountainboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a tidewater bait cast reel. I have it loaded with lead core line and it is my main trolling rig. I'm very happy with the quality of the reel and price that I got it for.

dmessy

Chief Petty Officer

Seems like the bell spring on the spinning reels are the first thing to go. Check out the Quantum, it has a magnetic bell, no spring to break. Also, Abu Garcia Ascent and Endura models have Everlast springs gauranteed for life. I bought a couple and checked out thier setup and am very pleased with the product.