Downriggers

kev_alaska

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We are looking for a set of downriggers for our saltwater boat. Trying to decide between Scotty and Canon. Any opinions? Any for Sale?<br /><br />Kev_Alask***

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Downriggers

Now I use Scotty and I personally love them. Have used cannons before but just didn't like them and here are my reasons.<br />1. scotty can be lowered and raised with either your left or right hand.<br />2. never like cannons release and brake mechanisim.<br />3. scotties have the ability to raise and lower the arm. Comes in very hand with the arms extended and instead of swinging it in you just raise it up and the line comes right to you then all you have to do is let it down with no buttons to push. Also comes in handy when going back home because when I swivil them in I can raise them over the seat so the can be stored internally. I don't know if cannon has this feature the ones I used didn't.<br />4. Solid constuction with lifetime warranty.<br />5. A piece got broken in shipping and I called them up they didn't ask for a receipt but just my address and they sent me a new piece in a couple of days.<br /><br />Just my opinion take it with a grain of salt.<br /> :D