PRO @ CON ON SHIMANO CORSAIR

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer
JUST LIKE TO HERE PRO @ CON ON THIS REEL .ALSO WHAT IS THE BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 300A @ THE 400 A. TO BE USED IN LIGHT SALT WATER FISHING.THIS REEL HAS A 4.7.1 GEAR RATIO,

Dman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: PRO @ CON ON SHIMANO CORSAIR

A word about the Corsair. Don't buy it. The anti-reverse on them is crap. It WILL go out. Shimano is replacing all Corsairs on the market for free. They know there is a problem with them and doing something about at least. You would be better off with an Abu. The difference in the 300 and 400 reels in the spool capabilty and frame size. 300 is a medium size, 400 is muskie size. Search the discussion forum at muskiecentral.com, use keyword Corsair. Many negative posts!<br />Dman

RJS

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree with Dman. In that price range, Abu-Garcia is the way to go. If you want to spend more, higher-end Shimanos are excellent reels.

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer

WELL THE REEL WAS RETURN .I FISH WITH IT THE ONLY PROBLEM I FOUND WAS THE LINE LEVEL STAY IN ONE POSITION ON THE FREE WEEL CAST.@ REPLACE IT WITH A ABU-GARICA TOURNMENT PRO 5600.NOW THAT A REEL.WAS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THAT REEL,FOUND IT ON THE INTERNET FOR A SUPER CLOSEOUT PRICE.YOU GUY'S WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE SHIMANO.I HOPE THE WEATER GET BETTER HERE ON THE EAST COAST,HIGH WIND'S EVERYDAY MAKING FISHING A NITEMARE WATER STILL COLD LOT'S OF STIPER@BLUES ,FLUKE @ WEAKS ;) :p HARD TO FIND.