Zercom LPG2000 -or- Garmin 240

mccoyrl

Seaman Apprentice
I'm leaning real hard towards the Zercom. Comes with speed/temp and dual transducer. Also has 320 pixels. Garmin 240 is a bit cheaper, but found the Zercom for $399. I assume they will show baitfish, etc. For the ones who run these, what has been your expierence. Oh... David W. no handhelds please!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Zercom LPG2000 -or- Garmin 240

The Garmin 240 is a very good unit. Zercom who?

Pursuit2150

Chief Petty Officer

Zercom, I believe is made by Hummingbird, I would look at Raymarine or Garmin. I am partial to Ray, because they have a GREAT customer service dept, and most time will handle problems on the phone. I even called them once while in the ocean, and they solved the problem in 5 mins.

mccoyrl

Seaman Apprentice

From what I'm seing, no has hd experience with Zercom LPG 2000. Pursuit... FYI... Zercom was bought out by Humminbird a short while back. THe unit has been it production over two years prior to Hummin buyingthem out.<br /><br />I'd like to hear from those who have expierence with THESE two brands.

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer

The Garmin 240 is a good unit. It will show bait fish if your gain is high enough, and you know what you are looking at (weed particles and theromclines will fool all of them). Shows bottom hardness very well too.<br /><br />Never heard of anyone using the Zercom.

crab bait

Captain

i have a zercom .. if you's are still wanting info ,, iam the man..

mccoyrl

Seaman Apprentice

Hey Crab Bait... I went ahead and bought the Zercom. I've only used it once and I was impressed with it. The performance and clarity was outstanding. The glare is a bit bad on it, but polorized sunglasses helped with that. Any tips you can give are welcomed. Thanks. :D

crab bait

Captain

hi ziggy, yes it is an awesome unit .. but it takes time to learn it .. it doesn't show fish symbols .. they're times when i still don't trust it .. but have to perservier.. i take homemade marker bouys in my hand an throw them out when i get a good hit.. one bad thing about the unit is the screen get real dark when in the sun,, but adjusting the contast helps..