• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • **** The forums will be undergoing maintenance tonight approximately 10pm-midnight MDT. Thank you for your patience during this time. ****

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best spincast reel under $50 ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best spincast reel under $50 ?

Any suggestions. . I’ve been thinking about these two ,Daiwa® Procaster® Tournament Spincast Reel - Model PS100B http://www.************/servlet/catal...rTarget=search Bass Pro Shops® Magna Spincast Reel - M30 http://www.************/servlet/catal...mCat=CROSSSELL

Re: What is the best spincast reel under $50 ?

Forget those two... The single best spincast reel ever made is the Zebco Omega. They come in 2 sizes, one spooled with 4 lb. test and a larger one spooled with 10 lb. They are the smoothest, most durable spincasts I have ever used and cast better than all the others I have used, and I have used a lot in my lifetime.

Comment

I'll second the Zebco Omega. I bought one for my mother and the quality etc. of the reel is far better than any other spincast reel out there.

Comment

Thanks for the input.I’ve used a lot of Zebco 33’s in the past, haven’t used the Omega yet.

Comment

You might enjoy this article about the Omega. http://www.tackletour.com/reviewzebcoomega.html

Comment

When I used spincast I had my best performance from Zebco 33s and Zebco One. Haven't used an Omega, but I trust Zebco.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link, Sevcrist "The Zebco Omega is the only spincast reel to feature 6 stainless steel ball bearings".Sounds good to me.

Comment

No question the omega is the best real for the money and better than my $200 reel.

Comment

That Omega sounds good. I have several of the Daiwa Goldcast III's. They make a GC80, GC100, GC120. Intended for 8, 10, & 12 lb line respectively. Oscilating spool, rotating sleeve on the pick up pin. Pretty good drag system. Definitely don't have 6 brgs One of the best Spincast reels going for sure. The only real negative is the ratchet pawl anti-reverse. Click click click click ................

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input . I think the Zebco Omega is the one I’ll buy.Any suggestions on where’s the cheapest place to buy one? Looks like around $49. is the going price.

Comment

Yea, BassPro has it for $50. I got the smaller one. It comes with an extra spool that I keep 4 lb. on for crappie fishing. I took the 6 lb. off that came with the reel (it seemed a little weak), and spooled it up with some Trilene Xtra Tough 6 lb. test. Works wonderfully! I've had it for about 6 months and some lots of heavy fishing done on it. I haven't had to clean it yet!

Comment

Tonight I bought one of the smaller Omega's. Looks pretty good. I put it on a light action rod to use trolling for trout on the hooch. We use ultra lights for casting for trout. Pretty funny, $50 reel on a $12 crappie rod

Comment

Spincast? Aren't they all under $50?

Comment

Yea, they are all pretty much under $50. Most are under $30 including a rod.

Comment

Working...
                            X