soft plastics

lil mikey

Cadet
Hello
I was wondering how long soft plastics are good for? should I be starting with fresh stuff ? Is there something I can put in the bags for the older plastics I have?
Some of the plastics I have are a couple years old.
Thanks in Advance
Mike

bassman284

Commander
I have some that are 20-25 years old that I use from time to time and they seem to work fine.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I think they are all gone now. So I'll send you my address and you can get rig of them to me...

Okay, plastic worms and such seem to never go bad. I have some that I know are at least a decade old and they still are good. But if you want to get rid of them and buy fresh, send them my way. :smile:

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I bought some Berkley recharger for my stuff on the clearance isle for like a buck and a half will see if it helps my 15 year old stuff

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If you want to make them juice again like they were new, use some mineral oil. Problem solved. JMHO

Janster

Cadet
Has anyone marinaded their plastics in anything?
Some baits already come ?salty? while others come in bags of ?oil? and others have ?fish bite and won?t let go? .....
Wonder if you took a standard plastic and stuck it in salt, garlic, recharge oils, or other bass type stinky stuff to marinade?
I know the bass aren?t attracted to it via scent......but it could help them hold onto it longer. ?? I guess it can?t hurt - other than - if the plastics break down?