Devils lake ice fishing tournament

ccarver80

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey everyone!
Hope your winter is going good dose anyone do any ice fishing?
I just got back from North Dakota's largest ice fishing tournament

I made a video enjoy

https://youtu.be/PiNjqiOZD8s

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Interesting. With that many participants, if they all lined up around the edge, they could have cut the ice out of the lake. :smile:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Haha it was insane the amount of people

Well I hope that all those holes fill over quickly afterwards. Imagine if you were walking out there in dim light and fell through one of those holes. :eek: :facepalm:

ccarver80

Petty Officer 1st Class
im sure they put up some kinda signs or something afterwards... its hosted by the fire department so youd think they'd be smart about it haha

64osby

Admiral
I know some guys that go out when the water is soft. They slay the Walleye's.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
How do you "fall through " an 8" hole?

Would you believe I am that thin? NO Probably not! But that lake looks like Swiss Cheese with so many holes. Heck I don't even think one leg would fit in such hole. :facepalm:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
How do you "fall through " an 8" hole?

When your foot goes in the hole, even an 8" hole, and you fall the wrong way, snap goes a leg bone. Not necessary to actually fall in the hole.

ccarver80

Petty Officer 1st Class
im assuming he's just saying stepping in a 8" hole, im sure you could twist and ankle and get water in your boot means your trip on the ice is done and have to get back to the vehicle and dry out your boots and socks so you don't loose your foot to hypothermia