One Lure - Rest of your Life

Bonaventure

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Original floating Rapala silver with black top in size 9. Good at surface, can be used with a leader and weight, also good on downrigger

nimmor

Petty Officer 1st Class
Series 100 Bandit crankbait in Bluegill pattern. Will work on anybody of water where Bluegill are present.

Blackcrowe14

Cadet
No Title

No brainer!
Top water/shallow water/deep water with some sinkers.
THE ULTIMATE FISHING LURE OF ALL TIME!
Rapala Floating F11 Perch. Twitch that *****!

Attachments

• photo262693.JPG
    photo262693.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 0

aspeck

Staff member
I sure liked my hot pink floating Rapala, till it got bitten in half by a musky. GRRRRRR! Slimy gator!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
the black grub--how do you fish it--bottom--trolling- casting (etc.) -- I am interested in walleye, never fished them before

Billy, Walleye love them on a lead head jig, floating jig head bottom bouncing a Lindy Rig and a go to for me for Smallmouth is to fish it California Rigged. Which is a fancy word for a hook with a black grub on it and a split shot 6 to 12 inches above the hook. Bounce it on the bottom or swim it especially in fast water. It doesn't tend to get hung up on rocks and if it does you lost a few cents of tackle not a 15 dollar Rappala or a 25 buck Live Target. They lock Rappala's away at the tackle shops here like Rolex watches and Diamond rings.

Uglylure

Cadet
I have to say my go 2's are #3 Blue fox(any) and Mepps, The one I like throwing for pike and bass on flat water would be the buzzbait, All we have up here is freshwater, so pickeral are biting on go-getters with minnow or plastic grub.
2 4 weekend is almost here!!!!

NicoPags

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

I didn't need to look at your profile to know you are a Canuck too. I wonder how many of our southern friends here know what a Pickerel Rig is?

silly me for assuming. Within Canada, I'm considered the southerner to the rest of the old red and white. Hail from Windsor, Ontario, where we gladdy rob the Michigan lakes of perch, walleyes, and smallies (a case can be made for many other fish as well).

Attachments

• photo263703.jpg
    photo263703.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 0

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Original floating Rapala silver with black top in size 9. Good at surface, can be used with a leader and weight, also good on downrigger

Gonna go with Rapala floater gold/black, 3"

2nd choice gold glitter 1/4 oz jig
3rd choice Rapala floater silver/black 3"

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I wonder how many of our southern friends here know what a Pickerel Rig is?
Known as a hilo or top and bottom rig to us "Southerners"

Typically used to catch bait and small pan fish

100_0020.jpg

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Known as a hilo or top and bottom rig to us "Southerners"

Typically used to catch bait and small pan fish

100_0020.jpg

Very, very close. I have never seen a spinner on a Pickerel Rig or such long tag lines or beads. You have me thinking now. When I buy them here the first thing I do is throw the tag line and cheap hooks in the trash and tie my own. Nothing to add a spinner and drift with one.

charleso

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Either a jointed or solid Rapala, up to about a size 7. Gold or silver color. Have caught a large variety of species on them. Crappie, blue gill, shell cracker(red ear sunfish for our Yank....errr I mean northern neighbors), and of course bass, lots and lots of bass.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Very, very close. I have never seen a spinner on a Pickerel Rig or such long tag lines or beads. You have me thinking now. When I buy them here the first thing I do is throw the tag line and cheap hooks in the trash and tie my own. Nothing to add a spinner and drift with one.
Hook type depends on where and what I'm fishing for.
I use a bare hook when catching Spot and Perch for bait. Spinners work better for sight feeders like flounder and Croaker

Lawnmower-Don

Seaman Apprentice
Idk that's tough. Probably a square bill crankbait. Caught a lot of nice on them. Or maybe the whopper plopper loon color. Or rage toad. I can't pick just one i gotta have them all. Tackle junkie

Jcris

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

I fish for largemouth bass most of the time in Clearlake, Ca. Without question a white or chartreuse spinner bait is for me the most successful lure

Attachments

• photo264053.jpg
    photo264053.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 0

jsparks747

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I would go with a Uncle Bud's #2. You can catch bass, trout, salmon, really anything on one of them.

Trophyhill

Cadet
Bomber Fat Free Shad or Model A. It catches walleye (my fav) large and small mouth bass, crappie, stripers, white bass and the list goes on. Whether casting or trolling it gets it done. Also it is very rare that I get one that doesn't run true out of the package. My tackle box is full of them and rarely do I use anything else.