One Lure - Rest of your Life

S.A. Baker

Petty Officer 1st Class
I don 't have much left for shoulders!....I'd best get the old trolling outboard fixed this year!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I don 't have much left for shoulders!....I'd best get the old trolling outboard fixed this year!

Me neither. I've even been getting into planer boards........ I troll 3-5mph, so I use my main motor. It's a 4 stroke and will troll all day w/o loading up. But at those speeds most motors shouldn't load up either....

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Plain old Aberdeen hook with or w/o a drop weight and whatever live bait I can find. Would never go hungry!

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
Since I am on the west coast, trout & salmon. I would go with a #2 **** Nite 50/50 nickel / brass spoon.
Old school, nothing fancy, not the latest and greatest but a reliable catcher for many years.

ccarver80

Petty Officer 1st Class
For me I would choose a northland buckshot 1/4oz, I use it mainly in ice fishing, I'm sure they work good in a casting senario as well

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Plain old Aberdeen hook with or w/o a drop weight and whatever live bait I can find. Would never go hungry!

Of course you wouldn't go hungry. If the fishing was off, you could eat the live bait. :pound:

I have to admit, I have caught fish on an empty hook before. But in all honestly, the Crappie would bite anything hitting the water at the time.

88evinrude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
well i chase bass primarily and i like to flip/pitch so im going to say a simple arkie 3/8 ounce in the bluegill color with a beaver type trailer. ive caught bass from 8'' long to 9+ on this setup. the bluegill color is just green pumpkin with more red and blue flake but ive caught 3-1 on the bluegill color when compared to green pumpkin

gm280

Supreme Mariner
And my live bait is much bigger...... Sucker minnow in case people forgot... :)

Okay WIMUSKY, I have to admit, my usually catches, if I can remember now been so long ago, were usually smaller then the bait presentations too many times. :eek: :facepalm:

billy sharp

Seaman Apprentice
the black grub--how do you fish it--bottom--trolling- casting (etc.) --interested in walleye-never fished for them before

Last edited:

billy sharp

Seaman Apprentice
the black grub--how do you fish it--bottom--trolling- casting (etc.) -- I am interested in walleye, never fished them before

mxcobra

Chief Petty Officer
Hopefully after this year, I can report back with a favorit, still trying to figure things out. Plain old worms wor the best for me:rolleyes:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Hopefully after this year, I can report back with a favorit, still trying to figure things out. Plain old worms wor the best for me:rolleyes:

3/8 JIG and plain old worm are the killer for pretty well all freshwater fish but for a lure id go with the mepps black fury in number 4 .Ive caught many 6 to 8 pound smallies ,large pike 15 plus ,wally by the tons trolling with that lure.Actually caught a wally and just at the boat a 15 lb pike clamped on to the wally ,so technically I quess the pike was caught by live bait,lol.

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
Rapala 9P is a very versatile lure in Perch pattern. Walleyes, salmon, bass, perch, trout, picke....

Old Ironmaker

Captain
That's like asking Blonds or Brunettes, not fair. If I had only one choice and was on a deserted island with her she has to be a Black on metal flake Silver F10 Rappala. Panfish to Musky and Barracuda and anything in between. No doubt. It actually looks like a fish, fish eat fish. Can I have a second? Please may I.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
That's like asking Blonds or Brunettes, not fair. If I had only one choice and was on a deserted island with her she has to be a Black on metal flake Silver F10 Rappala. Panfish to Musky and Barracuda and anything in between. No doubt. It actually looks like a fish, fish eat fish. Can I have a second? Please may I.

Yes go ahead.

Mepps Black Fury.

acrews

Recruit
Joe's Flies black wolly worm, short striker.

I've caught bluegill, crappie, bass, perch, and walleye.

NicoPags

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yes go ahead.

Mepps Black Fury.

I picked this one up too. You troll with it or just cast? I've had no luck.

My go too is #2 Pickerel Rig w. minnows as bait. Catch everything.

however my 2" Rapala Shad Rap RS (Silver) Is quickly becoming the only lure I need