Suzuki df15 2007 timing belt plus issues

sukisuki

Recruit
Picked up a used, but stored df15. Ran good after carbcleaning. About 5 fishingtrips. Then troubles began.

It became incredibly hard to start (Electric start, and auto-enricher)
Checked the mechanism of the autoenricher with 12v, it seems to be working OK, slowly pushes out about 4-5mm in 5 minutes.

I do not have a strobe-light to check ignition. But I looked at the timing belt and the cam-pulley against the timing-markings in the cylinder block.
It's hard to tell if it's good or not, but it's darn Close to the number 1 marking on the pulley while at top dead center.
I checked top dead center with basic digital calliper, and it aligned (within reson) to the marking.

Can the Suzuki service shop hook this df15 up to a diagnostic tool? And how does that diagnostic connector look? (cause I haven't found one on mine...)

I noticed that the timing belt does not have a "tensioner", but runs directly between crankshaft and camshaft, does that mean that even I could change it
as long as I align all markings and make sure they are as Close as humanly possible?
(No motor background but reasonably clever....)

All suggestions are welcome, especially video-links to DIY.

I have the workshop manual, from an web-page.
(sorry for whatever language-mistakes you find, I'm Swedish)

robert graham

Admiral
My guess is that your carb may need cleaning again...drain fuel from carb float chamber onto clean white rag to see what water or debris may be in it....check and clean fuel filter of water or debris....

sukisuki

Recruit
My guess is that your carb may need cleaning again...drain fuel from carb float chamber onto clean white rag to see what water or debris may be in it....check and clean fuel filter of water or debris....

I tried one last time, and it started, but only if I had tiller handle at half gas.
Let it run for about 3 minutes on high revs, then I let it settle down to idle, and it runs very smooth on idle then when warm.

When it cools down to Cold again, I will try a new startup. That time I will start on revs but immidiately set it to idle.
My guess is that it WON'T run then. I suspect auto-enricher and/or a very light ignition-problem.

sukisuki

Recruit
Of course, almost impossible to start when Cold again, but eventually it started.
Couldn't idle at first, but when warmer, it idled fine.
I wish I had a new auto-enricher to test with...
Or if I could test the wires leading up to the autoenricher, because it seems they only produce 12volts when a battery is hooked up???
(or I might have failed using the multimeter instrument)

sukisuki

Recruit

Perhaps you can tell if this is where the air/fuel mix screw is plugged on my carb? A local mechanic told me that when the motor was stored for a couple of years
It could have messed up the factory setting on this screw, so I should unplug it and Clean, and re-install at factory setting 2-7/8 turns out.
Also Picture number 2 is of a wire coming down from "stator" but it's not connected, possibly a ground wire?