I broke a bolt on the port side of my 2005 T9.9 Yamaha

Ross Parker

Recruit
Help ! I broke a bolt head off, on the port side of my 2005 Yamaha. I thought it would tighten up the steering friction of the hinge, but it was tight and I forced it and it broke the head off !! Under the broken head, and around the shaft of the screw is a black rubber grommet.
Does any one know what this bolt is for?
There isn't one on the stbrd side.
Much thanks....Ross

alldodge

Staff member
Help ! I broke a bolt head off, on the port side of my 2005 Yamaha. I thought it would tighten up the steering friction of the hinge, but it was tight and I forced it and it broke the head off !! Under the broken head, and around the shaft of the screw is a black rubber grommet.
Does any one know what this bolt is for?
There isn't one on the stbrd side.
Much thanks....Ross

:welcome: to iboats Ross

Sorry for your trouble, and while I'm not a Yam dude, got a pic, we might be able to figure out what it is??

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
You are going to need to drill the bolt and extract it with an ease out or something similar, spray some P-blaster on it and let it sit for 24 hours, the center punch the bolt and drill slowly, carefully thread the ease out into the hole you drilled, then slowly and firmly start easing it back out so it can be replaced. It really does not matter, if the factory put it there, then it is going to have to be replaced.