WANTED: Yamaha Stainless Steel Hex Head Transom Mounting Bolts M12 1.25 pitch 50mm in length for F50LA

hershey2014

Cadet
WANTED: Yamaha Stainless Steel Hex Head Transom Mounting Bolts M12 1.25 pitch 50mm in length for F50LA

I recently bought 2 McGard outboard motor locks for my Yamaha F50LA outboard which I can't return. These locks were designed to fit a Yamaha metric hex head mounting bolt. However, when I went to install the locks, the bolts installed on the boat were imperial. I would like to get two stainless steel hex head transom mounting bolts M12 1.25 pitch 50mm in length. Another length would probably work but the 12mm bolts must have a 1.25 extra fine pitch to fit the McGard outboard motor locks. I have visited my Yamaha dealer who gave me the wrong part number and could not tell me the pitch of the bolt. Has anyone had a similar problem? Does anyone know the part number of the bolt I referred to?

I have tried to find aftermarket bolts online with that pitch but no luck. Has anyone purchased such bolts from an aftermarket source?

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Where are you located, I did a search for M12 1.25 pitch bolts and found them at several hardware stores here in the US, Home Depot, Lowes, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Fastenal, Amazon even lists them.

hershey2014

Cadet
I just checked these sites again. Home Depot, Lowes, and Fastenal have the bolts in zinc plated only. O'Reilly and Amazon do no have this size in stainless.