How to ByPass Alarm on Yamaha 130 Outboard 2001

Robert_T

Cadet
I was wondering if someone could teach me how to bypass my temperature alarm on my 2001 Yamaha 130's. I have done all the maintenance to keep the engines cool and I believe I just have a wiring problem. I have temperature gauges that I installed and they never go above 140 degrees. Thanks For any help.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Instead of going through the trouble to circumvent the temp alarm, why not locate and fix the problem? Any time you bypass any type alarm, you are taking a heads up notification of a possible serious engine issue out of existence. I think fixing your problem would be easier and actually the better idea then to bypass it... JMHO!

Robert_T

Cadet
I went through and spent way too much money already trying to fix the issue. My engines are not running hot at all. I think it could be a wiring problem or computer issue? They run absolutely fine.

Robert_T

Cadet
I went through step by step. Here is what I've done so far: New Water Pump Kit, New Popit Valves, New Thermostats, I took the head covers off thoroughly cleaned the entire water column of the engines with a salt de-solvent, Bought New Head Covers and Gaskets, Installed Temperature gauges in the heads, By Passed the Oil Alarm due to premix of oil (by a master yamaha tech), and I replaced one Temp Sending Alarm Plug and tested all the rest in hot water to make sure they worked properly. I don't know what else to do. The alarm goes off soo easily sometimes. Some days I can run for 20 minutes with no alarm and some days I can't get out on plane without it going off. The water temp here is 57 degrees in the ocean. It is a steady alarm that triggers both motors to limit rpm then I go into neutral and it goes right away. The only thing I have'nt done yet is trace the pink and I think brown wires from the senders? Where are they supposed to go? I just am frustrated with this and any help would work.