oil injected suzuki with pre-mixed fuel????

AGUILERA2000

Seaman Apprentice
Hi, is it safe to use pre-mixed fuel on a 96 55hp oil injected outboard?... If so what would be a recommended oil-fuel ratio with the oil injection still on (not bypassed) and what ration would be correct for the outboard with the oil injection shut off? thanks

eddie haskell

Petty Officer 3rd Class
You will foul your plugs if you do run both. 50 to 1 if you disconnect your injection system.
Just bought a DT 85 where the guy said he had disconnected it, however, it appears he did not.

AGUILERA2000

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks, I am thinking of using mixed fuel in order to add some extra lubrication will 50:1 be good enough to run with the oil injection still connected or what mix would be more appropriate to use with the oil injection still connected ?

Last edited:

eddie haskell

Petty Officer 3rd Class
More ain't better and can actually damage your motor, as the combustion will be compromised, which can lead to deposits and pollute the waterways too.......
Use a good 2 stroke motor oil

pete j

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I think what your saying is your not going to put oil in the injector and just let it run but you will add oil to the gas. Am I correct?

AGUILERA2000

Seaman Apprentice
I think what your saying is your not going to put oil in the injector and just let it run but you will add oil to the gas. Am I correct?

No not correct I was thinking of adding oil to the gas as an extra layer of protection, in other words I would have both the injector and the gas pumping oil at the same time... I hope that makes sense.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
why not just buy a motor that does not have oil injection and mix your fuel?
Make sure the motor you have has a working system and keep it clean and follow the recommended service to keep it up?