what side to store???

robert graham

Admiral
Store it as shown in the owners manual....but I'd get some 2X4's, a saw and a few nails and build yourself a motor stand....very easy to do and better for your motor and doing maintenance on the motor...

salmonite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
well apparently you are very smart because i am not... what about that diagram or telling me to looking at labels on the motor tells me store on either side and oh yeah it doesnt say on the labels. Because it would be great if they actually said tiller side down. That diagram shows nothing.. My honda and merc both said in big bold letters "this side up" i am a simpleton and only can understand simple language

my frustration came from the unclear diagrams and language in my manual... so instead of being a smart a@# why dont you intrigue me with an answer

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
salmonite, I would certainly make an engine stand and store it upright. It states NOT to store it on either side UNLESS you drain the oil first. So an engine stand it the very best option for storage. And it take a lot less space stored that way too. There are some very good instructions on these forums to build such a stand and it really isn't very difficult to do either. So research "engine stand" and follow the directions...

I will say, that your last replay makes it very questionable for others to offer you ideas when you reply back with such verbiage. When asking for ideas and suggestions, it is a good idea to roll with the flow so you don't alienate others from responding. Remember, this is a free forum so it is not like you are paying for answers... JMHO! :wave:

salmonite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
gm280 i agree with you totally, if you go back through all my threads I'm always willing to accept great advice and I have learned a lot here. My first ever smart a#$ response only came from i clearly stated i have looked at the diagrams and read the language and i still dont undersand it, That is why i posted the manual. But the gentleman above repsonse was a frustated one that just told me to read read the manual...

robert graham

Admiral
You can also make/fabricate a sling to go around the motor and hang it from a rafter or similar in the upright position....lots of ways to skin this cat, but upright is the key word here....Don't get your feelings hurt...it's counter-productive...some of the guys are just teasing with you!...

salmonite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks Robert.. i actually keep it on my transom now that its home! I just bought it and needed to get it home and i was posting from the guys driveway! haha