Short Curcuit ground wire, Yamaha F9.9FMH

worldin

Recruit
Hi, yesterday i managed to short circuit one of the ground wires on the stem of my outboard engine, and i want to replace it, problem is that i goes behind the bracket on the stem, and im unable to find any info/instructions on how to remove this bracket, don?t want to brake anything more, so thought it wise to ask if anyone could give me some pointers on what to do, or how to proceed.

as you might be able to make out in the picture, there is a tiny wire stub showing up from the back of the bracket, my idea was to take the bracket off, but after taking off 4 bolts and not knowing how it all sits together, i don?t want to apply force. How do i get to the "other end" of the wire, is it by removing the bracket?
yamaha.jpg

Attachments

• yamaha.jpg
    yamaha.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 0
  • yamaha.jpg
    yamaha.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I guess I don't understand what you're saying. Because I don't know how you can short-circuit a ground. If you mean you burn the ground wire off because of applied voltage to it, then that is a different story. Do you know where that wire came from and where it is supposed to go? Because the entire engine casing and metal IS the ground... I don't know where that little wire is supposed to connect too so I can't help with instructions to pull the engine apart to get it there... Maybe some others more familiar with your engine model can assist.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
it is a bonding/ jumper wire to make sure all parts of motor is tied together so the sacrificial anodes can protect the aluminum the motor is made of.
It should not have current running through it unless you loose a connection for current path