Damage to Cfi module by squirrell

Sager577

Recruit
Just bought a boat and which has a 2011 suzuki 25hp 4 stroke on it, previous owners state that possible damage to CFI module, or another part of the starting cycle is impaired somehow, He also stated that one wire was chewed by the critter in half and was retaped with electrical tape, need input on possible fixes, thinking taking to dealer but that wouldn't be cost effective due to outlay for boat and motor. the motor sounds fine , has plenty of spark, low hours on motor, should be something relatively simple, Please advise???

robert graham

Admiral
You mention that "the motor sounds fine", is there any real problem with the running of the motor?....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Just bought a boat and which has a 2011 suzuki 25hp 4 stroke on it, previous owners state that possible damage to CFI module, or another part of the starting cycle is impaired somehow, He also stated that one wire was chewed by the critter in half and was retaped with electrical tape, need input on possible fixes, thinking taking to dealer but that wouldn't be cost effective due to outlay for boat and motor. the motor sounds fine , has plenty of spark, low hours on motor, should be something relatively simple, Please advise???

:welcome: Sager577 to iboats. We like having you join us...

Interesting title about a squirrel eating the CFI wire. I actually had a few squirrels eat through wires, stop/brake light lens, carpet in a boat and even aluminum before. They look like little innocent furry animals, but they cause a lot of damage. If I see any signs of them chewing on my refurbished trailer, they will be taking a dirt nap...