115 Yamaha

lstewartff

Seaman
I hope I can explain this where it makes since. When I am running at a slow throttle speed and then increase the throttle to take off the motor dies every time, but if I just slam to full throttle from an idle it takes off fine. What could cause this. I have put Sea Foam in the tank thinking that running it thru the carb it would help it but it hasn't made a difference.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
well we have to guess that since you did not post a model # your motor is not a injected one,
is that correct?
How many more questions do we need to ask to finally figure out what motor you have?

lstewartff

Seaman
First off I didn't have the model # when I posted. Just figured someone might have a helpful tip. Second It looks like only one question was asked about it, and that was from a prick that could have just said "if we had the model # we could help you out a little better". by the way it is an oil injected carburetor.

robert graham

Admiral
The carburetors may be due for a removal, disassembly and cleaning....the various jets are very small and prone to plugging with debris or varnish....If/when you get the carbs cleaned maybe consider the installation of a fuel/water separator type filter that can help with ethanol fuel related issues. I use Stabil all the time in every tankful to prevent fuel degrading....A Yamaha dealer can do your carb cleaning for a few hundred bucks, but a lot cheaper than plugged carb jets/lean fuel mixture/burned Pistons....Good Luck!