Did I just blow the motor?

Hezekiah

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi guys...

'89 DT15 Suzuki. Just put a new prop on it with smaller pitch. Don't know what was on it, but I believe it was OEM which was 9. The new prop was had a pitch of 7.

I also just put fuel in it on the way to the lake.

Once on the water, I started her up and she ran just fine like she always had. I noticed it was running higher RPM's which was expected due to the smaller pitch prop. I went to see what she would do at WOT and after about 5 seconds she shut off. When I tried to get her started, the rope was very hard to pull at first. After trying a few times, I loosened the rope up...but once it started...as soon as I put it in gear...she died.

After that, I couldn't get it started.

So I have her home now, and the first place I came to was here. Fixing to go check her out...what do you guys think? Did I blow the motor? Do you think it's bad gas?

Thanks.

Hezekiah

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Update 1: Ok, just tried starting it in a bucket of water in the garage. It starts for a second...and it sounds BAD. Going to get a compression tester now to test the compression. More updates later. I will upload a video to youtube and post the link on another update when I get back in a bit.

Hezekiah

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks for replying, it's actually Oil injected...and it had oil in it. Now...it is possible that the oil injectors failed...that's another story. Dropped it off with a Shade Tree Mechanic to diagnose it...fingers crossed...but I expect the worst.