1995 Yamaha 225 TXRT Hard start "cold"

frankjohnson

Cadet
Cdi and ecm built in one unit called Yamaha Microcomputer Ignition System ( YMIS ). Yes on a carbed engine with throttle position sensor, knock sensor, crank position sensor and seperate temp sensor to tell the ecm portion of the ymis how to perform. 95 V76 engines were very unique engines.

Last edited:

newellchunker

Seaman
No carb butterflys? really? What do you think your throttle cable is attached to? ECM on a 2 stroke carb motor? Really? CDI yes. ECM no.

Let us know if you ever get it figured out
Ok you smartass mtherfer, where is the fn choke solenoid? Since you apparently KNOW everything about this engine where is it smartass? And dumbass REad into this smartass) the throttle cable is attached to the magneto control lever....now stick it. And YES dumbass as has already been pointed out to your stupid *** self it does have a ecm or YMIS as stated above...

Frank, replaced the enrichment pump/ primer feed pump today and about as soon as I touched the key she started right up!

Last edited:

frankjohnson

Cadet
Glad to hear you got it, so many people are confused about this engine. Again you have my email if you need future assistance to avoid sarcasm from others that are not familiar with the early V76 engine

newellchunker

Seaman
Thanks again...a lil overboard with that smarta.. last night but what the heck. He knew what I meant about choke butterfly's in the carbs. O well, I suppose he has been educated like some of the rest of us!

frankjohnson

Cadet
I understand frustration. Rodbolt17 on the Yamaha forum knows this engine very well and willing to share his knowledge with those who ask, if I'm unable to assist you he is very good.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
glad you got it figured out,
but you need to watch what you post
as they monitor things and rude posts can get you in trouble