suzuki dt150 ss alarm issue

Korin

Cadet
I have a suzuki dt150 ss (96 i think) with an alarm issue. Upon starting i get a intermittent beep that has maybe a 3 to 5 second pause between beeps. The gauge shows 2 of the 3 vertical green lights lit up. I dont know what these indicate exactly but all 3 used to light up while it was running. Also there is a water symbol to the left of that that lights up. There is a steady stream coming from the tell tale and i have not noticed the engine getting hot however i have not run it for to long at a time since this started happening. Ive checked both water sensors and as far as i can tell the were in working order. Ive pulled both t-stats and did the pot test. Both opened altho one was a tad slower at opening. Is that the culprit or should i be looking at something else?

kboyd2

Recruit
Hey,
So the 3 upward green LED lights are actually your oil level, in your injection reservoir. So 2 on is pretty good.
The water logo's, light up red when there is no water flow through the water flow sensors. They should beep about 8 times then stop.
These sensors are horrible for failing, I've seen bad sensors as well as broken sensors.
There should be 2 water lights, One on either side of your oil light (green lights running up and down).
If your water light doesn't go out it will continue to beep. If you want to double check the sensors, open the coil pack cover on the back of the motor and unplug the purple wire going to the sensor. That will shut the sensor down and bypass it. But, If you have an overheating problem and the water light isn't going out, then I would say you have a flow problem.