1999 t50 choke linkege pin

ckvanryzin

Recruit
I have a 1999 t 50 carbureted motor. The choke linkage on the one of the carburators is sticky and hard to move. It looks like it is assembled with a pin/screw driven into the case ? The pin/screw has an oval type head. I have looked at the carburetor link diagram and the closest part I can see is Item #25 PN#62Y-14429-10-00. This is listed as a "screw" but mine does not have a scew type head, just the "oval". I think if I losen this or pull it out some it will free up the linkage assembly Anybody have any insight on this ?

robert graham

Admiral
Was it operating freely prior to this or has it always been sticky?.....maybe the rod is slightly bent or misaligned?.....how about lubrication of the grommets/linkages?

ckvanryzin

Recruit
Always has been sticky, I have attached a picture. I have tried lubricating this assenbly and working it to make it looser. I am wondering if the oval pin/screw is threaeded or "pressed" in ? I am thinking if I can back it out some it will make this linkege work freely.

Attachments

• 1999 t50.JPG
    1999 t50.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 0

robert graham

Admiral
Maybe the sticking is in the butterfly/carb throat?....can you look in there or remove the carb to inspect?....also take a look at the other end of that choke butterfly shaft for binding on the other end....

DangarStu

Cadet
I had this problem quite recently and it was the butterfly sticking in the carb throat. I had to unscrew the plate from the shaft inside the throat and then draw the shaft out to clean and lubricate. Mine still isn't 100% but it is heaps better than it was.

Stuart