Late Suzuki tiller motors

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Tiller extension

want to make a tiller extension out of PVC pipe but the problem is my Sizuki throttle is two inches in diameter. It would be like putting your hand around a fence post after installing the extension. What have others used to make a extension that would be easy to remove?

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
any one have a late suzuki and made a tiller extension for it. With the 2" throttle how did you do it. Seems store bought extensions are too small

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Was at hardware store this morning to get some but it looked bigger than a fence post. Thought someone had an idea that might work out better.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Find the size to fit it and then reduce it down .
they make all kinds of PVC fittings to go up and down in size
use your head and think a little

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yep, no sence in going on a forum and trying to get some ideas.

Spreading the same question around the forum does not increase the odds of a solution. It actually cuts the chances.

The split 2" PVC with a reducer to 1.5" is the answer. Use schedule 40 because it's heavier and stronger.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Posted in inflatables then thought the motor section would give more results. 12 miles to the nearest town so I was looking for ideas before I made the trip. Was looking for fast easy solutions. Thanks for the reducer idea

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
I've seen whiffle ball bats used,.......

Figure out where it will fit, cut it, and slide it on,...

Gives you the right size handle to hold on to as well,...

I've looked at using an aluminum baseball bat or children's sized aluminum bat for Merc tiller kicker,..

I ended up using a store bought extension,....

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yep no sense in thinking if you can get someone else to do it for you.
It is all good, but using your imagination can go a long ways

70 years old and have in the last 6 months owned my first boat and motor in my life. Have little expearance like you. Looking for help on forums to help me with my new adventure. Sorry if I offended you with my ignorance.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
We all have to start somewhere, so do not let me stand it you way or rain on your parade,
this is just a forum where people communicate freely.
sorry if I offended you.

Hope the reducer helps
I use to have a thing against engineers, but come to find out they are just normal people with imaginations.
always thinking outside the box

Last edited: