1984 SUZUKI DT40 no spark/oil injection problem

REDROCCO16V

Cadet
Thanks in advance for any help. I also apologize for grammar.
I am working on this motor for a friend. I am more familiar with older Johnson/Evinrude motors with points ignition.
To start this is a 2-stroke 2 cylinder 1984 DT40 serial# 04003-401449
But any way, I was brought this boat because my buddy wanted carb rebuilt. I rebuilt carb, went to start and found 2 problems 1 not related to needing carb rebuilt. the other possibly related??
1st when I went to start motor found engine hydro locked with 2stroke oil. This didn't appear to be mixed with fuel but straight 2 stroke. I am not dwelling on this due to carb removal and linkage for mix control was disconnected. My thoughts are this could have caused oil to to flow into engine while carb was off??? Any other thoughts??
I cleared cylinders and tried to start. Just cranking no start. Further inspection found no spark to either cylinder. I have researched forums and found common problems with kill circuit, so I disconnected (black/wt) wire to CDI box. still no spark. I am good with multimeter but have not been able to find a good diagram (I think there was one on a small cover that is missing) or actual readings/specs on signal/power to CDI box. Any testing procedures for CDI on this motor would help out greatly.