suzuki df 70 boging

keolahoku

Recruit
motor ran fine at home and at the ramp.As I was leaving the harbor one motor bogged at about 4000 rpm and cleared up.Went trolling for about 5 hrs. and motor bogged off and on.At times it would run good for awhile.Came back into the harbor and ran almost full throttle for a couple spins in the bay and ran just fine.Trailored home and ran motor at home and motor idled very rough.Ran motor next day and motor idled with a slight miss (hicup like) every so often.Tried switching fuel lines as both motors run off different fuel tanks and filters.Same thing.Any ideas what to check next?

robert graham

Admiral
How old is the motor and have the carbs ever been removed and cleaned?....Do you use a fuel/water separator type filter?.....Do you use any type of fuel stabilizer like Stabil?....

keolahoku

Recruit
motors are 2003 with 710 hrs.Don't know if previous owner worked the carbs.I use stabil very faithfully.Have also noticed that upon startup there is lots of white smoke that clears up and also noticed that there is some oil film (rainbow like) in the water coming out of the exhaust.This is with the motor running off the hose at home.I compare to the other motor which none of this is happening to that motor.Could all this symtoms be related.?

manitoba1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thatmotor is a 4 stroke with EFI, so no carbs. Might be a bit of water in the fuel in particular if it's a larger onboard fuel tank. Look in the fuel filter/separator under the cover. Might try changing the plugs too. I occasionally have the same issue with my DF70 if the boat sits for a few weeks over the summer without use. We have ethanol in our fuel here. Always seems to clear up after running for a while. Years back I had an intermittent NGK plug which caused me to loose spark in one cylinder. Switched to NGK platinums and never had a plug issue again.