1994 Yamaha 115 won't idle with cowling on

Seadoomanls

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok so I tried the rubber hose test... I heard a suspect noise coming from the side wall of cylinder 1... I could not find or feel an air leak, but I sprayed soapy water in the area and it began bubbling. Also, through the rubber hose I was able to listen to what sounded like I was inside the motor!! Compression is still at 140 on all cylinders. Would a pin hole leak be enough to pump to much CO2 under the cowling and kill the motor in about 5-10 seconds? Sorry if it's confusing.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
does it really matter what we think?
You have a leak you need to fix, so open it up to see what you find

Seadoomanls

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks for the responses. I used to use this forum more frequently about 4-5 yrs ago and learned an unmeasurable amount of information. I have even been known to read topics unrelated to anything I own or needed help with. Everybody was so helpful and so polite. In the most recent months, I resorted back here for my night time reading and have been absolutely disgusted by the rude responses by many. If the people posting on this forum didn't need assistance, they wouldn't post. Likewise, if they wanted to be talked down to and treated like crapt, they would find a local pompous "gentleman" to charge them an arm and a leg and talk down to them. Guess it is time to check out thehulltruth.com. Thanks.