2012 90hp Yamaha 4 stroke starting/wiring/fuse trouble

KCOLLIS

Recruit
I had a wiring problem with my 90 hp because the main wires from the battery were corroded. I cut off a foot of each wire to get clean copper and attached to the battery. There was still not enough power to start the engine with the key but turning the key while jumping the starter worked. I then had to go away for a months work. Today I went to the cabin and got back at it. I hooked the wires to a fully charged new battery and still it wouldn't start with the key. The power tilt wouldn't work either but it did a month ago. The starter gear did try to engage the flywheel. Anyway, I was fooling around with it some more to try to get the tilt to work so the engine would be in the water when I tried starting and accidently reversed the polarity on the battery. Now the starter won't try to engage at all. There are 4 fuses under a cover on the front of the engine. When I checked the fuses earlier I noticed a sound like something activating, like a fuel pump cutting in. Now I don't get that sound when installing them. All of the fuses are ok, nothing blown, and I changed them anyway just in case. Still no joy. Does anyone know of any other fuse that I could check, or maybe something else to try. I just want to get my boat home for the winter and get it to my dealer but I really need it to work so I can get it up the river to the boat launch.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
A volt meter would be your friend at this point.
See where you have voltage and where you do not.

KCOLLIS

Recruit
Thanks for the reply. I'll be bringing the old Fluke meter with me next time. I was just hoping someone here might have some idea of the problem that could save me some time.