115hp suzuki motor help

daveski1964

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1986 115 hp Suzuki oil injection motor iam new boat owner I would like to know how to winterize this motor --I have gas tank full of non ethanol gas is there any thing else in need to do to this motor to winterize???do I need to add anything to oil??do I need to start motor during winter months???

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Add Stabil or any other fuel system treatment and run the engine long enough (on muffs or in the water) to get the treated fuel into the engine. If the engine will be in storage for longer than six months fogging is probably a good idea. Drain the lower unit and refill with fresh lube. If water or a milky looking fluid drains, you need to have the lower unit serviced as the seals are leaking. Other than that, charge the battery every month or so, store the motor vertically so it can fully drain, and put it to bed.

daveski1964

Seaman Apprentice
went to do that today and motor wont start. seems to be turning over real good but just wont start battery fully charge ,full tank of non ethanol gas with sta-bil -but all it does is turn over wont start primer pump seems to be hard and holding ,but nothing ..could you give me some trouble shooting tips need all I can get -don't know much about a 115 hp Suzuki motor or to many trouble shooting tips

daveski1964

Seaman Apprentice
finally got it started and winterized and also fog motor should be ok until boating season---- thanks for info