2003 Yamaha 115 2 stroke cold cylinder head

fshndad

Cadet
The Right cylinder bank is not warming up. I let it run on the flusher for 15 mins. I swapped t-stats from the other bank and no difference. I removed both t-stats and cover and do see water is coming up to the t-stat. Could there be an issue with my Head gasket? Anyone have a water flow diagram?

I removed the Poppet valve and spring. I did not see any thing holding that open. all seems clear there.

rowboater

Seaman Apprentice
It was explained to me that when running on "muffs" you do not always get the same results as normal in the water operation.I had a similiar issue on an outboard and replaced the poppet valve although It looked fine.I replaced the valve before running it in the water so not really sure if this was a actual problem or a result of running it on muffs.Ever since then I will feel the thermosta/water jacket and compare temps,when on "muffs" but tend not to be concerned about it since they are somewhat within the samp temp range.The few times I pulled the cowling off when in the water the temps always seem similiar.The other indicator would be how hot the water is coming from the pee hole.If possible I would run it in the water and see if you still have the same problem.

fshndad

Cadet
RowBoater, the left side warms up a bit, but the right side does not at all. It stays cold.

Does anyone else here have a 115 or 130 yamaha and can tell me if their heads run even temps when on the muffs????