2011 Yamaha 200 hpdi- hard shifting

Laram51

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Motor, for months was always difficult to get in gear especially in reverse at docking. Got away with this as I do lots of trolling . We found the problem was in lower unit. After pulling unit apart, we found that the reverse bearing was loose from the carrier. All other parts seem to be in excellent condition. The affected bearing and carrier would also seem to be in good condition, although I have them on order. No water nor filings in the LU. Yamaha dealer claims that this is "strange".
A machinist looked at bearing/carrier and cant see anything wrong them them . He wanted to use threading and Lock tite to correct problem but I dont think this is the way to go.

After long period of hard shifting, the shift switch got distorted and sent the motor in safe mode with a maximum rpm of 2400 rpm.

Motor done 375 hours on 24 ' Proline.

Awaiting parts. In meantime, would appreciate any comments from the professionals ..Dont know if Rodbolt is on here anymore.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
I am no help except that if you want to PM me I can send you info on where to find Rod now a days

Laram51

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks,0k will do as soon as I know how to do that..
It appears that no one else has experienced such a situation.