2003 Triton TR22 Yamaha 250 VMAX random starting problems after running

j.bryant05

Recruit
This has happened 3 times. Launch and run to a spot, fish for a while, and then the boat won't start. Engine turns over and over but wouldn't start. Acts like the kill switch is engaged. First time this happened someone near me suggested I check the kill switch. It was hooked up but I jiggled it anyway just to see and sure enough, it started and worked the rest of the day. The next time it happened, the jiggle didn't work.I ended up disconnecting one of the wires on the kill switch and the motor started and worked the remainder of the weekend. It happened again this past weekend and the kill switch was still disconnected. Ended up getting towed inand it never would start. While I was being towed I tried hooking up the wires to the Kill switch and trying it and then disconnecting them again and still nothing. It would turn over and over but just not fire. When I finally had it loaded on the trailer I tried starting it again just for giggles and it fired up. Didn't actually change a thing. Anybody got any ideas? Bad ignition? I'm clueless. Any and all suggestions welcomed...

NZ_Diver

Recruit
On my search for similar problem with my Yamaha 100 4 stroke (F100): I had been experiencing same sort of problems although I was looking at the Remote Neutral switch (The micro switch that allows starting only when in neutral). The switch was replaced but following experienced start problems. This time putting into gear F/R and neutral several times did not allow starting. By-pass the switch and would start every time. So I looked at the switch again and it would only start intermittently. (I understood this switch was a go/no-go status) i.e not intermittent fault. Has anyone experienced this? or should is this a red-hearing and I should be looking elsewhere: like above at the kill switch perhaps?. Starter relay/solenoid seem to be OK.