99 150 VMAX dosent get on plane with pedal on the floor please help

johninmo

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello
Last week I took my boat out for the first time in a month or two. The last time I ran it it ran great with no problems but today I went to start it and it didn't want to start and I flooded it at first. So we fished for awhile and then it started and idled great but when I tried to give it much gas when it was in gear it would die. If it was in neutral then it would rev up fine, so we idled around and fished for awhile. Then finally it got to where you could give it all the gas while it was in gear but it wouldn't get on plane. Even though the pedal was all the way down it just wasn't enough power to get up. The fastest GPS speed was 8MPH lol. So when I got home I pulled the fuel pumps ( I replaced one two years ago) and there was no fuel coming out the back of either one. I pulled the plugs which is a couple of years old , they were black but they all looked the same. I cleaned the carbs replaced the spark plugs and put some Seafoam in it. I tried it again yesterday when I first took off from the ramp it did get up on plane but would only run about 35 MPH. Every time I took off after that it didn't ever want to get on plane and if I back the throttle off some it would increase a little in speed so I still think it's a fuel issue. The fuel pump does not leak out the back when I remove it like the other one I replaced did. Could it still be weak enough to be causing my problems even though the diaphragm is not leaking ? Could it be a coil? if so how would I go about testing to see which one may be bad ? The weird thing is it didn't seem to ever misfire when it would run. I have never had this problem before it has always seemed to run great. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks