2006 Suzuki DF70

engine will not run! Has good spark getting fuel starts runs for a sec or less shuts off sound like a common problem someone has seen? I am not very familiar with these motors Thanks

Anything?? Man I hate these motors and the lack of people that know anything about them! I don't think I have ever got a response off from any Suzuki question that I have had ever asked!! People should just throw all these out in my neck of the woods there is 1 dealer and they are a rig shop primarily they already looked at it and told the guy basically sorry!!! Any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks!!!!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
if the spark it not going away causing it to die then it is a fuel problem.

Good compression and good spark at the correct time along with the correct fuel to air ratio are needed to fire a cylinder
Too much or too little fuel will not let cylinder to fire

Test the easy stuff to test and then chase the fuel problem

99yam40 Ya it makes no sense to me spark is hot however won t start fuel is good and clean! All 4 of the plugs get soaked with gas what the hell do you think the odds are of all 4 fuel injectors being messed up? It acts like a timing issue but I checked to see if the timing belt slipped it did not! The weird thing is the plugs are wet with fuel but if I spray a little eather in the intake it will kick for a sec that makes no sense to me!! I'm really starting to get pissed off!!!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Too much fuel is as bad as not enough, still will not allow cylinder to fire,
but I do not know if the ether would let a too rich cylinder to fire,
but maybe it would since it is a different kind of fuel

Test, test ,test everything you can
Fuel pressure would be a good one to look at if this is a injected motor

Last edited:

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
A factory service manual would go a long way towards guiding you to a solution rather than cussing and fretting over the no-start condition. Unfortunately, if you don't have the manual, diagnostic skills and tools required these engines (or any other current ECU controlled engine) it will be difficult for the shade tree mechanic to troubleshoot them.