suzuki dt65 1989 running problem

lake tahoe

Recruit
I have a 1989 suzuki dt65 3 cylinder oil injection outboard. Problem is when in gear in water it will rev up to about 2000 ish rpm and then die off and stall. The carbs have been dismantled and cleaned and the air screws set again to standard, the fuel pump was by passed with an electric version which made no difference. All 3 plugs are sparking ok. When engine is running, if I remove either no2 or no3 plug lead the motor still runs and sounds the same??? If I remove plug lead no 1 it dies. Also carb 1 has a loud suction sound, whereas carbs 2 and 3 are a lot quieter. What do you deduce from this?? is the crankcase seal leaking around 2 and 3 cylinder perhaps or am I missing something obvious??? Also the control dial with leds and buzzer does not and has never worked.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Did you do a compression test to see if all cylinders are sealing properly?

Finn-Jerry

Recruit
Hi. I also have 65DT motor 1985 model. I just bought it and ran it about 2km and slowed to U-turn. When I opened the throtle again the motor stalled and died. I got it running agin but it limped like an old lady badly walking. After fishing a while, the motor started normally but died again after 1km. I now have new plugs and I emptied and cleaned the petrol tank and filter. Next I'll try some engine cleaner in the fuel to clean the burnt carbon deposits away.
Some thing else I should do 7 know about? The boat is now ready for winter storage but I can still work on it before next spring.... please post your reply.