1995 Yamaha 85hp C85TLRT

Blkflyz

Recruit
Is anybody familiar with the inner exhaust mainifold on a 3cy yammy? Im having some overheat problems at high rpms. Have changed out impeller and housings upper and lower. New thermostat,new pop off valve and cleaned the head and replaced the inner exhaust manifold baffle. My question is inside the exhaust manifold there are 5 small ports going from top to bottom( basicly on top and bottom of the cylinders) these little ports seem to be clogged with deposit. Do they feed threw the block into the head? Thats really the only blockage Ive been able to find. Engine runs beautiful, pumps water like it should be but at WOT after bout 30 secs she shuts down and alarms. Thanks in advance for any help!

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Wish I could help you. I have exactly the same motor (C85TLRT) but I don't have that issue and haven't had to tear into it to that extent. If you do find the cause, please post a follow-up. That's the knd of info that could be very valuable to another poster (like me!)

Good luck

Mark oz

Recruit
Sounds like you are talking about the bleed system for unburnt fuel,maybe wrong tho,hard to tell without a picture of it.but I doubt they have anything to do with your problem