Yamaha F50 TLRY impeller replacement

Rescue31

Recruit
I recently purchased this motor and I replaced the impeller, changed the engine and lower unit oil, and replaced the fuel filter. When I pulled the lower unit off to replace the impeller, I found the plastic nipple that hooks to a hose forward of the impeller is snapped off flush. My questions are: 1. What is this nipple/hose set up for? 2. The hose with the other half of the broken nipple was outside the motor so I was wondering how it is routed in the lower unit? 3. I have another boat with a I/O Mercruiser on it. When I change the impeller on it, I have to place it in forward gear. I couldn't find anything online to suggest that I had to do the same with my Yamaha so I didn't, but now that I have re-installed it, it doesn't seem like it's engaging correctly. Turning the prop by hand it feels as though it is only partly engaging. I appreciate any help you may be able to give.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard. When you get a message that you made the same post in the prior 5 minutes, don't change the title and re-post. Click your username and My Recent Posts to see the posts you have started.

Rescue31

Recruit
There was a problem when I posted. I got a message to try again because the data base was down. I'm not and idiot and didn't purposely post it twice.