2001 6hp yamaha four stroke dead spot at half throttle, slow to react to hand control

222oday

Recruit
I've ben messing with this motor all summer. cleaned carb 3 times, removed cap covering air needle. idles great but it stalls at half throttle and can't get it dialed in. I have the air screw adjusted from 3/4 to 3 turns and still can't find the sweet spot. I have replaced the fuel lines with clear lines and I can see an air bubble or two at times but I don't think that is a big deal unless someone thinks so. also when I use the hand control to throttle the motor down to slow it down it is very slow to react. it takes a few seconds for it to respond to my command. I am now ready to give up and either put in new jets and a rebuild kit or buy a new carb. I will also put in a new fuel pump if that could be the problem? figured I would see if anyone has a simple solution that I am missing before I put $400 into this motor. gas is new also. jets have been removed and cleaned. carb has been in sonic cleaner also. I also tried 2 new fuel supply hoses from the tank to the motor.

what is the difference between the 68r-14031-10-00 and the 68t-14301-10-00 carburetor for a 2001 6 hp Yamaha motor? is one carb for the 8 hp motor and one for the 6 hp motor? if I put the 8 hp carberator on the block will it now be a 8 hp motor or do I have to make any other changes?

thanks in advance for any thoughts