New DF60 Power tilt and trim lower limit adjustment

mpj76

Seaman Apprentice
Motor goes down all the way, but this only gives me a neutral trim (90 deg to water surface). I need some negative trim. I opened the valve on the PTT unit and the motor dropped to where I want it to drop to. I closed the valve on the PTT. As soon as I raised it and then try to lower it again, the relay clicks the movement off right to where it's original limit was. The manual instructs on how to adjust the upper limit, but not the lower limit. How do I do this? My boat is getting a ridiculous amount of bow rise before planing out and I'd like to try solving this with negative trim vs. drilling for a hydrofoil if I can avoid it. For reference, it's a 14' Twin Vee with a 60hp motor. It's got a 12 pitch stainless prop which hits 5750 RPMs, so power is not an issue.

mpj76

Seaman Apprentice
OK. I referenced the manual for the auto tilt stop settings. The manual only references the upper tilt limit using the remote box. I have a tiller. I just substituted the "throttle only" function with twisting my throttle to full. That fired off the beeps inducating that the previously saved limit has been erased. Then it allowed me to power the trim down to the mechanical limit of the PTT unit. I followed the procedure to memorize this setting. It beeped. I completed the remainder of the procedure. Unfortunately it didn't remember the new limit. It still stopped short of my new limit back to the original setting. I'm now speculating that this is to allow for some margin of error to prevent damage from bottoming out. For sake of my bow rise testing, I repeated the procedure but instead skipped the part of memorizing the new limit. As it stands now, I have my emergency stop switch re-installed and I'm able to tilt to the lower mechanical limit.