Suzuki DT200 Bleed Oil Injection System

chackett

Seaman
Hi All-

Has anyone ever bled the oil injection system on a Suzuki DT200 (I believe DT150 is the same)?

I have the manual and I am able to locate the oil pump and the bleed screw. I have two main questions..

First .. how in the world are you supposed to have access to the bleeder screw while the oil tank is installed? I would think installing a smaller tank to get the system primed and then connecting the main tank would sort of defeat the purpose of bleeding the system using the main oil tank.

Second .. the manual suggests filling the lines from the pump to the carbs with oil. What's the trick for that? I think the oil lines have in-line check valves, so filling them from the top down isn't an option, they would have to be filled from the bottom up I believe. I guess I'm going to rig up some sort of syringe arrangement unless someone can tell me what I'm missing.

Thanks all,
Chris

chompy

Cadet
I have the same motor - when I pulled the oil tank I replaced the line from the tank to the pump with one that has more length so you can do the bleed with the tank moved outta the way. Still a complete pain. I also bled the pump then fitted a 12 gallon marine fuel tank, filled with 50:1 and went out for a run for an hour or so before switching to straight gas.