Can't get 87 Yamaha 40sh motor to crank???

duckman06

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello to all thanks in advance for any help you might can offer me. As I am wits end! I bought a 87 model yamaha boat motor with a boat about a month ago. It's a pull crank 40hp SH model. That ran perfect day bought a few days later when I took it out to the lake. Three pulls and it fired up and ran like champ. Ran it down the lake with no problems. Now two weeks later I go to start it up at the house just to get it to fire before going to the lake. Nothing happened it turns over put never starts. Starting practice is as followed. Motor down, fuel bulb firm, motor in neutral, tiller arm down, chock on, safety shutoff on, pull the motor to crank again nothing. Any ideas or ideas as I have pulled it at least 50 times with it not starting so needless to say swore arm and frustrated. I just don't get how it ran perfect and now want even hit it or try to start. Again any ideas??? Motor 87 Yamaha 40SH oil injected in which plugs where changed late last year along with carb being cleaned. Either I am missing Simple or something has happened?

duckman06

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It appers it was the gas. As I dumped it out and put fresh in and got it to hit after 10 pulls.