Need help with mystery plug in

Watermarkpo

Cadet
Im just putting my powerhead back together after being apart for 3 years and I don't remember what this yellow faced plugin is for, it comes from the top of the cdi unit. motor is a 1997 200 Yamaha carb model. I just ordered a manual and was hoping someone would know what this is for. Thanks

Last edited:

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
I am guessing that it connects to a connector going to the charge coils. But...

Watermarkpo

Cadet
Theres no where for it to go, no other plugs. I was thinking it was for connecting a diagnostic tool.Hopefully my manual will show up today.

pmassey31545

Seaman
No Title

Well, for some reason I can't see your picture. But my 60HP 2007 model Yammi has one like this for diagnostics.

Attachments

• photo206543.jpg
    photo206543.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 0

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Well, for some reason I can't see your picture. But my 60HP 2007 model Yammi has one like this for diagnostics.

What is the complete model of your motor? A 60HP Yam is a two stroke. A 60HP Yam two stroke was not offered in 2007. And, a carbureted two stroke does not have a diagnostic port.

You could very well have an F60 Yamaha. Different motor altogether from a 60HP Yamaha.

pmassey31545

Seaman
Mine is a T60-high thrust-60HP 4 stroke. Full number is T60TLR (I think-not sure on that but will check when I get home this evening and update. I know that is different than the OP's carb'd motor, I was just posting the plug and the info in hopes of helping the OP.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Mine is a T60-high thrust-60HP 4 stroke. Full number is T60TLR (I think-not sure on that but will check when I get home this evening and update. I know that is different than the OP's carb'd motor, I was just posting the plug and the info in hopes of helping the OP.

Yep, you have an EFI four stroke. A completely different animal from the OP's motor.

It is always good to state the complete model of a motor that is being discussed. There are carburetted two strokes, EFI two strokes, HPDI two strokes, carburetted four strokes and EFI four strokes.

If someone says they have a 100HP Yamaha the first thing that comes to mind is that it is a two stroke. A four stroke will always have a T or and F in front of the HP rating.

Last edited:

pmassey31545

Seaman
Yeah, I know there's a lot of different motors. I was just thinking that even though it is a carb'd motor 2 stroke, it would still have a diagnostic port on it, wouldn't it? Motor