tritoon/susuki 140 pulls hard to the right until you trim it

crb478

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Look under the AV plate just behind the prop. There should be an adjustable fin there if its pulling right loosen it and turn it right then retest until you get it set right.

Denison

Recruit
This tritoonPulls very hard to the right when you accelerate until you trim the motor . I dont know the history of the boat and motor its a 2009 .could someone tell me what some of the possibilitys are Thanks

Denison

Recruit
Thank you for the reply I will check that out I'm new to this site and learning how to navigate

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Completely normal. A motor will typically pull hard to the right when trimmed less than neutral and will pull to the left when trimmed more than neutral.

Find your engines best trim angle. Then, adjust the trim tab so that the right and left turn effort is the same at that angle.

If you trim downward from best trim angle then the boat will turn easier to the right. If you trim upward from best trim angle then the boat will turn easier to the left.

Denison

Recruit
Thanks for the info, I haven't been to the boat yet .The confusion for me is I had a pontoon with a 90 merc and never had any issues with the steering pulling one direction or the other, hard to turn. I'll keep this in mind.