Suzuki DT25C 1993

Ripcord639

Recruit
Dear all
I have a really weird problem and will do my best to explain the problem!
My mate recent bought a boating package which included the above engine, he asked me to check it over i.e. service etc which went fine, until i noticed that the gears were not correct, forward was reverse and reverse was forward ! So i pulled the leg and found the three gears were correct i.e. rod upper most prop spins clockwise lowest point in reverse ! then I pulled the head to get to the shift i.e. Clutch rod arm I have tried all the combinations possible and still cant work it out ! Why is the forward gear going into reverse ! I can't change the Rod arm any other way , and Im sure forward gear is clockwise other wise the remotes won't work either ! It may be a simple fix. It would appear someone has had a play , Do u think the leg is the wrong one or clutch rod to long ! its dong me Fecking head in so I would really appreciate some advise but i don't think it will be easy to resolve.
Regards Ripcord 639

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
my guess is wrong lower unit was installed.
Might look for a prop for counter rotating gear box

Ripcord639

Recruit
ok so I was in anticipation expecting some of u hard core outboard mechanics to respond but none so far ! I have resolved the problem myself , Ok here we go ! so if u take the leg off and lift the gear rod to upper most the prop will turn clockwise ! and like wise in reverse lower arm downwards position ! then if u check the clutch rod arm it can only be positioned in one position about the angle of 7 o'clock. So what you have is the lower leg doing the correct rotation but once meshed together the forward gears become he reverse gear ! but when u crank the flywheel and you are in forward gear the prop turns clockwise hence forward motion so the lesson learned is ! if you pull the fly wheel that will dictate the direction of rotation ! SORRY of this sounds complicated ! anyone out there with issues with dt25cPM ME