yahama 150, need a bit of guidence

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
yahama 150, need a bit of guidence
Motor is 150TXRM 6G4 UL 756892
Took on a job to replace the shift rod and I think i have all the bolts,nuts removed except for 2 long ones. the rearmost one on the port side and the middle one on the stbd side.The other 4 came out with moderate pressure but no corrosion on the shank of the bolt, just the threaded area.
Are there any tricks I can use to remove the 2 remaining ones and can I get a scan of the manual showing the power head removed from the lower section.
If talking is easier pm me for my cell.
Has been suggested to drill thru the housing and bolts ,then remove remaining bolt from the powerhead?
Thanks

erniefish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If memory serves me correctly they only come out one way, cut or drill the heads off and drive up, the taper goes down

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Are you talking about removing the shift cam from the lower unit, the shift shaft from the mid-section or are you talking about removing the block from the mid-section?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
need to remove the power head to replace the shift shaft that has corroded ,too thin to shift

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
I still must be missing something. There appear to be 16 fasteners that need to be removed. They should simply be unscrewed. Worst case of course is if a bolt breaks but the power plant can still be lifted from the mid-section.

You will then have access to the bolts that hold the shift shaft in place.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
there is a company that makes a 2 piece shift shaft for older motors you can install without pulling power head,
have to cut the old one and pull it .

Do some on line searching as I do not remember the web site

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
I have the 2 bolts and 2 nuts at the front , then 4 of the 6 long bolts and 2 bolts (#15) I think. then the powerhead and lower housing should come off as a unit.